Drug-free Pain Relief
The perfect TENS unit provides pain relief from a variety of conditions including back pain, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, period pain and spondylitis.
With its simplistic design, the perfect TENS is portable, lightweight and includes 8 preset programmes and manual settings specifically designed to provide safe and effective pain relief at the touch of a button.
The perfect TENS uses TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) to relieve pain by a) helping the body to release natural painkillers (called endorphins), and b) by blocking pain signals to the brain.
Self-adhesive electrode pads deliver small electrical impulses through the skin and stimulate the nerves in the affected area – providing drug-free, long-lasting pain relief in the comfort of your own home.
Key features of the Perfect TENS include:
- Treatment Timer – allows the user set the session duration (between 10-60 mins) and to select manual parameters for adjustment
- Open Circuit Detection – detects if the electrode pads are not correctly connected to your body, automatically resetting the strength setting to zero, eradicating any sudden changes of intensity if the connection is re-established
- Comfortable stimulation – provides gentle TENS stimulation with 60 steps of intensity
- Automatic Keypad lock – automatic keypad locking if the unit remains unused for 30 seconds to prevent any accidental changes in settings
- Detachable Belt Clip – enables you to clip the unit onto your belt or waistline
- 8 Preset Programs – including a Han Stimulation program and 1 additional programme with a wide range of settings
- Manual Programs – with easily adjustable settings to suit your needs
- Easy Start Program Memory – easily return to the last program and setting used
- Dual Channel – 2 channels to treat 2 areas at the same time, with 4 electrode pads
PLEASE NOTE: The electrode pads need to be applied directly to the skin before the intensity increase buttons will operate. If the perfect TENS detects the unit is not properly connected to you (for example if the pads or leads come loose) then the unit switches the intensity to zero. This safety feature prevents any unpleasant changes in output.
CAUTIONS & WARNINGS
If you are in any doubt about any of these warnings please consult your medical adviser.
Do Not Use TENS:
- If you have a heart pacemaker or have a heart rhythm problem.
TENS in the direct vicinity of a pacemaker may affect some models. If TENS is applied on the front of the neck this can affect your heart rate. Very strong TENS across the chest may cause an extra heartbeat.
• If you have epilepsy TENS may affect seizure threshold.
• During the first three months of pregnancy
It is not known whether TENS may affect foetal development.
• On the abdomen in the later stages of pregnancy.
Stop using immediately if you experience unexpected contractions.
• When driving, operating machinery, or similar actions needing fine control loose pads, damaged leads, or sudden changes in contact may cause brief involuntary muscle movements.
• To mask or relieve undiagnosed pain may delay diagnosis of progressive condition.
• Observe caution when using TENS at the same time as being connected to monitoring equipment with body worn electrode pads.
It may interfere with the signals being monitored.
• Strong electromagnetic fields (electrosurgery/microwave cookers/mobile phones) may affect the correct operation of this unit.
If it appears to behave unusually, move it away from these devices.
• Use caution following recent surgical procedures stimulation may disrupt the healing process.
Do Not place electrode pads:
• On broken skin The pads could encourage infection.
• On skin which does not have normal sensation.
If the skin is numb, too great a strength may be used, which could result in skin inflammation.
• On the front of the neck
This could cause the airway to close, giving breathing problems. May cause sudden drop in blood pressure (vasovagal response).
• Over the eyes. May affect eyesight or cause headaches.
• Across the front of the head Effect on patients who have had strokes or seizures is not known. May affect sense of balance. The effects of stimulation of the brain are unknown.
• Near malignant tumours In vitro experiments have shown that electricity can promote cell growth.
• Ignore any allergic reaction to the electrode pads.
If a skin irritation develops stop using TENS and try a different type of electrode. Alternative pads specially made for sensitive skin are available. Pads supplied have no measurable latex content.
Also Do Not :
• Immerse your TENS unit in water or place it close to excessive heat. It may cease to operate correctly.
• Attempt to open up the TENS unit. This will invalidate the guarantee.
• Mix old, new or different types of batteries.
• Use this device leads, electrodes, and accessories other than those recommended by the manufacturer. Performance may vary from specification and will invalidate the product warranty.
- Perfect TENS Pain Relief unit
- Belt Clip
- 2 x Lead wires (L-CPT)
- Pack of 4, 50x50mm, Self-adhesive Electrode Pads (E-CM5050)
- 2 x AA 1.5V Alkaline Batteries
- Instruction Manual
- Storage Pouch
- 120mm x 60mm x 20mm (without the clip)
- 75gm without batteries
Expected Service Life
- The machine will often last for more than 5 years, but is guaranteed for 2 years. Accessories (leads, pads, and batteries) are not covered by the warranty.
- Lead life depends greatly on use. Always handle the leads with care.
- Pads should last 12-20 applications, depending on skin condition and humidity.
- AA alkaline batteries should last about 48 hours continuous use.
FAQ for this product
How does TENS work?
TENS stands for Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation.
TENS is recommended throughout the world by pain clinics and physiotherapy departments. Not only does TENS reduce your pain, it can also help you to reduce your need for painkillers. TENS is simply a means of stimulating your body’s own natural defences against pain.
Your TENS unit sends a tiny electric current into the skin through electrode pads which are usually placed near the source of the pain.. This current stimulates the sensory nerves, which carry touch and temperature signals. These nerves go to the same connections in the spine as the nerves carrying pain. A strong signal in the sensory nerve releases chemicals in the spine which stop the pain signal travelling up the spine to the brain. This is known as the “Pain Gate”.
In the Pain Gate mode TENS provides relief while it is swit che d on. The effect may start to wear off after 1-2 hours. You can stop for an hour and then try again. You can use TENS several times a day.
At low frequency settings, TENS also causes a release of endorphins, the body’s natural morphine-like substances, which relaxes and relieves your pain.
In Endorphin Release mode, the relief builds up over as much as 40 minutes, and can last for up to 4 hours after the unit is turned off.
Most people will achieve a reduction in pain. Some find that their pain goes away completely while they are using TENS. Some users only feel better after repeated use, and over a long time period.
YOUR TREATMENT SESSION
You can use TENS as much, and as often, as you need. Even continuous treatment is fine, but electrodes should be repositioned regularly (at least every 12 hours) to allow the skin to be exposed to air.
The Endorphin Release mode works better when the intensity is high enough to cause small muscle contractions. After about 20 minutes with muscle contractions, the muscle may begin to ache . If this happens you should stop the session. Best results with endorphin release are achieved at between 20 and 40 minutes.
Made in UK.